Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Orion to the States

One thing that I have to prepare myself for is moving Orion to the lower 48s. He will have to be hauled by strangers at least until Washington where he may have to be turned over to another horsey trasportation company. From there he will go to Montana where we will meet. All the while, I will be having to scout out the local stables and find the best deal for him. Hopefully everything will go smoothly, but I cannot find very much horsey transportation to the states. Mostly it is unprofessonal people who are making a random trip down to the states with horses.
Once I get Orion down there I have to buy a truck and trailer for school. It is a requirement. I must have a horse, and transportation to and from the school. Now how redneck is that?

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about leaving him here the first year? Not sure what your plans are, but that might be a good option to consider. You can have a month with him at Christmas and come home for the summer after your first couple semesters. Are you a senior this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A requirement is that i have a horse avalaible to me. I will have Lenanna here, though. I'll have someone to visit every break!

    ReplyDelete