Thursday, October 22, 2009

Horse training/buying


All of a sudden I have had o so many people contact me about training horses or helping them find a horse to buy. They ask me what is the #1 thing to look for and I say temperament! People believe that a good horse is trained and maybe that's true but one of the best horses I've ever known i bought untrained. Lenanna was a 5 year old broodmare who couldn't of have anymore than 20 rides on her. She was young and green but her temperament was so great that she was one of the easiest horses to work with. Yes she still has her problems but that okay with me. To me it doesn't matter how trained your horses is, they have to have the temperament and williness to work to make them exeptional horses. Buying a horse that has been trained professionally for 5 years but has no intention to learn or make a ride pleasent will be no fun for anyone. Where as a horse who wants to learn will create the other hafl needed to make up a strong team, compeditive or pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment