Thursday, October 22, 2009

Homer Horses!


So I finally finished my applications and sent them into 2 schools, Dillon & Bozeman, MT. At one of these two places (hopefully Dillon) I will further my horsey knowledge and continue on to become a FULL TIME trainer!!!! For now i am happy training several horses around Homer. At the moment I am training 2 percerons, a caspian pony and a arab. The work is hard and the horses' training ranges from several trail rides in a month to not even knowing how to lead (one of the big ones, of course) My personal favorite is Buzz, a 18.3 hh perc who i believe was abused at one point in his life. He is frightened by lound people but i a big softly and tries hard to please his handler. He towers over me even though i stand 5.7 he weighs over 1 ton and in VERY intimidating!!!!!! He is pastured with Fleet, a spoiled, adorable, little 13hh (at max) caspian pony. Together they make the cutest pair as they exlore their pen. Seeing as Buzz is a scaredy cat, he will only venture as far a Fleet will and he throws the biggest fit i have ever seen when left alone without his pony friend.I have know ridden Buzz several times and he proves to be a fearless horse undersaddle only! After finding out a bit about him i now believe that he was shown in 1rst of 2nd level dressage in Texas, where he was shipped up with Fleet. He was trained completly English and has no idea what a horn or split reins are. He is slowly coming along and i can see a lot of potential in him but it will just take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment